Shift Swapping is a crucial functionality for employees who want to trade shifts with their colleagues. Traditionally, these swaps could be arranged between colleagues as long as formal agreements were met. The manager would be informed of the request with a notification afterwards. To avoid unwanted shift swaps and to improve the overall communication between sender and receiver, we’ve extended our Shift Swap feature. With this new functionality, employees can now approve and manage requests between themselves in the mobile app. This in turn reduces the administrative burden for managers and creates more transparency between employees. What’s not to love?
Quinyx is designed in a way that makes the shift swapping process as smooth as a baby’s face. Employees can swap with colleagues who work in the same units and sections with a few clicks inside the mobile app. In the past, Quinyx couldn’t provide insights on whether the employee actually wanted the swap to happen. Well, Quinyx can offer a more efficient, communication friendly, in-app process for that now. An upgrade that has been highly requested by our customers.
This extended functionality within our Shift Swap feature includes:
- Mobile push notifications for employees when they receive new Shift Swap requests.
- The possibility to view the request, including all relevant shift changes and reason the request has been made.
- The possibility for the employees to approve or decline the request, which is then automatically sent to their manager for final approval if that functionality has been turned on.
- The employee who has sent the request will be notified about the decision made by the colleague. Employees can also retract their request and send reminders.
- Finally, a new tab in the main menu with an overview of all requests and their statuses has been added (Waiting for colleague approval, Waiting for manager approval, Accepted or Declined).
This new functionality has been carefully designed with your input. It’s another step in strengthening our position as the #1 Workforce Management app on the market.
We hope you’re as delighted with the updated Shift Swap functionality as we are!
Want to benefit from this new functionality? Learn more about it here.